- 2019-02-13 to 2019-02-18 On 13-18 February, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius visits Uruguay
- 2019-02-15 to 2019-02-16 On 15-16 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Munich Security Conference
- 2019-02-18 On 18 February at 2 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting with Céline Gauer, Deputy Secretary-General of the European Commission
- 2019-02-18 On 18 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2019-02-19 On 19 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
The EU General Affairs Council holds a policy debate on the multiannual financial framework
On 12 November in Brussels, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius participated in the EU General Affairs Council, which held a policy debate on the multiannual financial framework for 2021-2027.
In ministerial discussions, A. Zananavičius emphasized that the next long-term budget must be fair and in balance between traditional EU policies and new priorities. Thus, we have to find a balance between the traditional EU policies and its new priorities.
"A significant reduction of the financial envelope for Cohesion Policy and the remaining huge differences between member states in the distribution of direct aid to farmers are of major concern for Lithuania. In preparing the next multiannual financial framework, we must ensure permanent and sufficient financing for the decommissioning of the Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant (NPP), as well as to bridge differences between the member states in participation in the EU Research and Innovation programme, and to provide adequate funding for infrastructure projects and external financing instruments," said Lithuania's Foreign Vice-Minister.
A. Zananavičius also noted: "In the run-up to the European elections, an appropriate response is crucial to stop the spread of misinformation, while the main focus must be on the future the European Action Plan and on efforts to improve financial, legal and technological capabilities."