- 2019-02-22 to 2019-02-23 On 22-23 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Germany
- 2019-02-23 On 23 February at 12:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits the Lithuanian High School in Germany Hüttenfeld
- 2019-02-23 On 23 February at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Honorary Consuls of Lithuania in Germany
- 2019-02-23 On 23 February at 2:45 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends an event at the Lithuanian High School in Germany Hüttenfeld
- 2019-02-24 to 2019-02-25 On 24-25 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the EU-League of Arab States (LAS) summit in Sharm El-Sheikh
Lithuania‘s Foreign Vice-Minister: "Dialogue with Israel is essential to strengthen the EU's role in global politics"
On 30-31 August, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas participated in an informal meeting of foreign affairs ministers (Gynmich) in Vienna, the capital of the Austrian Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The meeting focused on transatlantic relations, the Middle East, the Western Balkans, and multilateral policy issues.
The Ministers discussed transatlantic relations and their prospects for security and defense, economy, and other international policy areas. They agreed on the need to promote the EU-U.S. cooperation and avoid disagreements over the escalation of trade policy. The Vice-Minister N. Germanas noted that the EU-U.S. partnership was indispensable, and that third parties did not hesitate to take advantage of all differences in partners‘ opinions immediately.
The meeting paid special attention to the Middle East. The Vice-Minister N. Germanas presented the results of the working visit to Lithuania by the Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on 23-26 August. Germanas also reiterated that Lithuania supported the European-Israeli dialogue and appreciated the country's contribution to the fight against terrorism, but stressed that Israeli settlements in the West Bank and the violence in the Gaza Strip should also be criticized.
For more information about the meeting, please read here.