- 2019-02-22 to 2019-02-23 On 22-23 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Germany
- 2019-02-23 On 23 February at 12:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits the Lithuanian High School in Germany Hüttenfeld
- 2019-02-23 On 23 February at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Honorary Consuls of Lithuania in Germany
- 2019-02-23 On 23 February at 2:45 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends an event at the Lithuanian High School in Germany Hüttenfeld
- 2019-02-24 to 2019-02-25 On 24-25 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the EU-League of Arab States (LAS) summit in Sharm El-Sheikh
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister and the new Ambassador of Japan discuss issues on bilateral agenda
On 24 September, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius met with the new Ambassador of Japan to Lithuania Shiro Yamasaki. On the same day, the Ambassador presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė.
The meeting with Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister focused on plans for bilateral visits in 2018 and opportunities for economic cooperation after the entry into force of the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) in July 2019. The agreement was signed in Tokyo.
"The excellent result of the Japanese Prime Minister's visit to our region this year is a dialogue between the Baltic states and Japan. The first meeting of Foreign Vice-Ministers in this format will take place in Vilnius already this week", said A. Zananavičius.
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister also expressed gladness at the fact that a large Japanese delegation of scientists attended the Life Sciences Baltics forum in Vilnius that week and the 5th International Symposium of Lithuanian and Japanese Researchers, which was organized by the Research Council of Lithuania and the Japan Society for Promotion of Sciences (JSPS) together with the Embassy of Lithuania in Japan.