- 2019-02-24 to 2019-02-25 On 24-25 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the EU-League of Arab States (LAS) summit in Sharm El-Sheikh
- 2019-02-26 On 26 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius meets with Sixtine Bouygues, Deputy Director-General for Communication of the European Commission
- 2019-02-27 On 27 February at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-02-27 On 27 February at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-02-28 On 28 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius meets with the Irish Minister of State for European Affairs Helen McEnfee
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister urges fight against anti-Semitism
On 26 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, who is participating in the United Nations General Assembly, joined the Global Campaign to Stop Antisemitism.
"Despite the culture of Lithuania, sincerity and heritage of the people, almost all Lithuanian Jews have experienced the atrocities of the Holocaust. This should never happen again," said L. Linkevičius. He called on all states to join the fight against anti-Semitism, so that the horrors of the Holocaust would never be repeated.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister reiterated this message at the traditional annual meeting with representatives of the most important Jewish organizations and institutions in the U.S.A. at the Consulate General of Lithuania in New York. Minister L. Linkevičius also shared his impressions of the recent visits of the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Pope Francis to Lithuania, discussed the dynamics of the bilateral relationship between Lithuania and Israel, and preservation of Lithuania‘s Jewish heritage.