- 2019-02-24 to 2019-02-25 On 24-25 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the EU-League of Arab States (LAS) summit in Sharm El-Sheikh
- 2019-02-26 On 26 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius meets with Sixtine Bouygues, Deputy Director-General for Communication of the European Commission
- 2019-02-27 On 27 February at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-02-27 On 27 February at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-02-28 On 28 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius meets with the Irish Minister of State for European Affairs Helen McEnfee
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister attends events of the UN General Assembly
On 25 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius participated in the opening of the high-level General Debate of the 73rd Session of the UN General Assembly. The head of Lithuania‘s diplomacy said that a transparent and effective United Nations peacekeeping, respect for human rights, peaceful conflict resolution and multilateralism based on international law remained priority issues for Lithuania in the United Nations.
In New York, Minister L. Linkevičius met with Foreign Ministers of Moldova, Tunisia, Monaco, and United Arab Emirates to discuss political, economic and security, regional issues, presented the interests of Lithuania, sought opportunities to strengthen bilateral political and economic cooperation.
L. Linkevičius and the Minister for Foreign Affairs and European Integration of Moldova Tudor Ulianovschi discussed the implementation of the Association Agreement between the European Union and Moldova, and the need for reforms in the fields of justice and taxes.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister and the head of the Tunisian diplomacy Khemaies Jhinaoui agreed to strengthen cultural cooperation. With the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation of Monaco Gilles Tonelli, he discussed prospects for developing bilateral relations and ties with the European Union, especially in the areas of banking and renewable energy.
The Lithuanian Foreign Minister and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan discussed issues related to the opening of the Embassy of Lithuania in Abu Dhabi, as well as strengthening political and economic cooperation, especially in the field of transport.
L. Linkevičius also participated in a high-level event hosted by the UN Secretary-General António Guterres to make United Nations Peacekeeping missions 'Fit for the Future', during which the Secretary-General urged more countries to endorse the Declaration of Shared Commitments on UN Peacekeeping Operations. Lithuania and other 145 governments have endorsed the declaration.
On 24 September, the eve of the General Debate of the UN General Assembly, heads of state and government attended the Nelson Mandela Peace Summit marking the 100th anniversary of Nelson Mandela's birth.