- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
Lithuanian and Greek officials discuss opportunities for strengthening their political cooperation
On 28 November, the Lithuania-Greece political consultations were held in Vilnius. The political consultations were led by the Political Directors of the Foreign Ministries of the two countries - Asta Skaisgirytė and Theodoros Georgakelos.
The officials dedicated significant attention to security issues. The meeting discussed the need for strong transatlantic ties, the importance of the EU-NATO cooperation, as well as successful activities undertaken by Lithuania and Greece in the implementation of the Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) projects in the field of cyber security.
As regards the alarming news received from Ukraine on the Russian military action in the Sea of Azov, the officials emphasized that Lithuania viewed Russia‘s actions as a violation of Ukraine's sovereignty, territorial integrity, and fundamental principles of international law, and called for taking all measures to immediately to end them.
According to the Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania, the EU has to strengthen coordination of its actions in countering disinformation. A. Skaisgirytė also presented Lithuania's initiative on the EU's response to disinformation and invited Greece to join it.
The Political Directors also discussed situations in the Middle East and North Africa.