- 2019-02-13 to 2019-02-18 On 13-18 February, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius visits Uruguay
- 2019-02-15 to 2019-02-16 On 15-16 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Munich Security Conference
- 2019-02-18 On 18 February at 2 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting with Céline Gauer, Deputy Secretary-General of the European Commission
- 2019-02-18 On 18 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2019-02-19 On 19 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
Lithuania signs Economic Cooperation Agreement with Argentina
On 13 July in Buenos Aires, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius and Argentina's First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and Worship Daniel Raimondi signed an intergovernmental agreement on economic cooperation.
The agreement aims to promote the mutually beneficial economic cooperation between Lithuania and Argentina in the fields of industry, transport, science, technology, agriculture, and other areas.
Argentina is currently Lithuania‘s main trading partner in Latin America. Last year, the Lithuania-Argentina bilateral trade amounted to 69.7 million euros. In 2017, Lithuanian exports to Argentina grew 3.7 times.
In addition, the Lithuanian and Argentinian high-ranking officials discussed prospects for concluding other bilateral agreements, which would be important for our citizens. "A Working Holiday Scheme would undoubtedly strengthen ties between Lithuania and Argentina, and open up the opportunity for young citizens between the ages of 18 and 30 to live and work in the two countries for up to a year," said D. Skusevičius.
Lithuania is also negotiating the double taxation avoidance agreement and the agreement for the transfer of sentenced persons with Argentina.
The Foreign Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius was paying a working visit to Argentina from 12 to 13 July. Skusevičius also held meetings with representatives of Lithuanian communities and the Honorary Consul of Lithuania in Buenos Aires.