- 2019-02-20 On 20 February at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-02-20 On 20 February at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a Government sitting and meeting
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of a delegation led by the Lithuanian President
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 11:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas receives the Ambassador of the French Republic Claire Lignieres-Counathe
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 2:30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Hungarian Minister of State for the European Union Relations Judit Varga
Lithuania opens its Honorary Consulate in Brazil
On 16 July, Lithuania officially opened its Honorary Consulate in São Paulo, Brazil, which is headed by Carlos Levenstein. The opening ceremony was attended by the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius, the Consul General of Lithuania in São Paulo Laura Tupe, representatives of the local authorities, consular corps, business, culture, and tourism, as well as leaders of the Lithuanian community in Brazil, and Litvaks.
"Brazil is one of the most important partners of Lithuania in South America. We have developed our diplomatic relations since the interwar period. Our economic cooperation is growing. In addition, there are excellent opportunities for expanding Lithuanian business into a huge Brazilian market. I believe that the new Honorary Consul will continue to actively work for the sake of Lithuania and will help strengthen the political and trade relationship between Lithuania and Brazil," said the Vice-Minister D. Skusevičius.
Carlos Levenstein was appointed as Lithuania‘s Honorary Consul in Guarujá in March 2018. He participates in the Global Lithuanian Leaders (GLL) Business Advisors program. In 2015, the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė conferred the Global Experience for Lithuanian Business' award on the future Honorary Consul of Lithuania for his merits to Lithuania. His Brazil-based company assists Lithuanian companies to expand into the Brazilian market.