- 2019-02-24 to 2019-02-25 On 24-25 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the EU-League of Arab States (LAS) summit in Sharm El-Sheikh
- 2019-02-26 On 26 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius meets with Sixtine Bouygues, Deputy Director-General for Communication of the European Commission
- 2019-02-27 On 27 February at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-02-27 On 27 February at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-02-28 On 28 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius meets with the Irish Minister of State for European Affairs Helen McEnfee
Lithuania joins two Council of Europe Conventions
On 26 September, the Permanent Representative of Lithuania to the Council of Europe, Ambassador Laima Jurevičienė presented the letters for ratification signed by the President of Lithuania on the Additional Protocol to the Council of Europe Convention on the Prevention of Terrorism and on the Council of Europe Convention on Cinematographic Co-Production (revised).
The purpose of this Protocol is to supplement the provisions of the Council of Europe Convention on the Prevention of Terrorism as regards the criminalization of the acts, thereby enhancing the efforts in preventing terrorism and its negative effects on the full enjoyment of human rights, both by measures to be taken at national level and through international co-operation. The Protocol also provides for a network of 24-hour-a-day national contact points facilitating the rapid exchange of information. The Lithuanian Criminal Police Bureau is appointed to perform these functions.
The purpose of the Council of Europe Convention on Cinematographic Co-Production (revised) is to provide a legal and financial framework for the co-production of feature-length films involving production companies established in several states parties. The document will enable Lithuania to expand its cross-border co-operation in the field of cinematographic co-production. From 2007, Lithuania is a member state of the cultural support fund of the Council of Europe – Eurimages. This fund has provided financial support for more than 10 films that were co-produced with Lithuania, including „Sangailės vasara“ (The Summer of Sangailė), „Lošėjas“ (The Gambler), „Artimos šviesos“ (Low Lights), etc. Eurimages promotes independent filmmaking by providing financial support to feature-length films, animation and documentary films.