- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
Lithuania and Ireland to continue supporting Ukraine
On 13 November, the Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Asta Skaisgirytė and the Director of the Political Division of Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Ireland Barrie Robinson met with officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, the Deputy Minister of Temporarily Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine, Lithuanian and Irish experts working in Kiev, and representatives of non-governmental organizations.
The meeting discussed Lithuania, Ireland and the EU‘s support for Ukraine in the context of Russia's ongoing armed aggression against the country, and Ukraine's reform progress. The officials also prepared for the Foreign Affairs Council meeting that will be held on 19 November. In the meeting, Foreign Ministers will review the latest developments in Ukraine.
The representatives of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine condemned the illegal “elections” organized by Russia in the temporarily occupied territories of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine on 11 November. The Lithuanian and Irish Political Directors agreed that the issue of accountability of those officials and experts who had contributed to organizing the illegal “elections” should be raised in the meeting.
The Lithuanian and Irish delegations also met with representatives of the Crimean Tatar people and voiced strong support for Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity.