- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 4:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in an opening of the exhibition of drawings and posters by Ukrainian schoolchildren at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 to 2018-12-16 On 12-16 December, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in meetings of the initiative of the Enhanced Partnership in Northern Europe (e-PINE) in Washington, D.C.
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting at the Seimas.
Linas Linkevičius congratulates the State of Qatar on its National Day
On 18 December Lithuanian Minister of Foreign Affairs Linas Linkevičius extended congratulations to Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al-Thani, Foreign Minister of the State of Qatar, on Qatar’s National Day.
In his letter Linas Linkevičius expressed his will to foster mutually beneficial cooperation between Lithuania and Qatar.
Qatar celebrates its National Day to commemorate succession to the throne of Sheikh Jassim bin Mohammed bin Thani on 18 December 1878. Prior to 2007, Qatar’s National Day was on 3rd September to mark Qatar’s independence of 1971.
Diplomatic ties between Lithuania and Qatar were established on 25 November 1992.