- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
Linas Linkevičius congratulates Latvia's Foreign Minister
On Latvia's 100th independence day, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius sent a congratulatory letter to Latvia's Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs. The Foreign Minister writes that the independence of Latvia was proclaimed on 18 November 1918 and defended in the Latvian War of Independence. Latvia has become a welfare state over the first two decades of its independent development. Today, the people of Latvia are successfully building their modern and innovative country.
L. Linkevičius noted that he highly valued the close ties between Lithuania and Latvia, in particular their close positions on issues related to the EU and NATO. He also wished the two countries to continue their fruitful cooperation for the benefit of their people.