- 2019-02-22 to 2019-02-23 On 22-23 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Germany
- 2019-02-23 On 23 February at 12:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits the Lithuanian High School in Germany Hüttenfeld
- 2019-02-23 On 23 February at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Honorary Consuls of Lithuania in Germany
- 2019-02-23 On 23 February at 2:45 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends an event at the Lithuanian High School in Germany Hüttenfeld
- 2019-02-24 to 2019-02-25 On 24-25 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the EU-League of Arab States (LAS) summit in Sharm El-Sheikh
L. Linkevičius: Strategic partnership between Lithuania and the U.S. expands and grows
On 31 August, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the United States Deputy Secretary of State John J. Sullivan.
The meeting discussed security threats facing the Baltic region, the implementation of NATO decisions, support for Ukraine, possibilities to maintain sanctions against Russia and to impose new ones, as well as economic cooperation between Lithuania and the U.S.
Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister welcomed the intensive bilateral agenda between Lithuania and the U.S., emphasized Lithuania's determination to continue close allied cooperation in addressing threats facing the region and the world. "Lithuania pays a lot of attention to strengthening energy security, to differentiation of gas supply, and seeks out new opportunities to buy more liquefied natural gas in the U.S.," Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister said.
In the meeting, L. Linkevičius thanked the United States for providing support for ensuring defense and security of Lithuania, and highlighted Lithuania's commitment to strengthen its national defense capabilities, the country's resilience to threats and its resolve to continue to engage in the fight against terrorism along with the U.S.
In Washington, D.C., Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister is paying his respects to the U.S. Senator J. McCain and attending the memorial service in Washington, D.C.