- 2019-03-26 to 2019-03-28 On 26-28 March, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius participates in political consultations in Helsinki, Finland
- 2019-03-26 to 2019-03-27 On 26-27 March, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participates in political consultations in Madrid
- 2019-03-27 to 2019-03-29 On 27-29 March, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Italy as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania.
- 2019-03-27 On 27 March at 1:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-03-30 On 30 March at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends an event marking the 15th anniversary of Lithuania's NATO membership at S. Daukantas Square
L. Linkevičius attends the Meeting of Ministers of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS in Washington, D.C.
On 6 February, the Meeting of Ministers of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS took place in Washington, D.C., the United States. In the meeting, representatives of 74 coalition states and 5 international organizations discussed the four year long fight against terrorism in Iraq and Syria, protection of national and religious minorities, responsibility for crimes against humanity, and humanitarian aid for people affected by the conflict in the region.
“Lithuania will continue to fight against terrorism together with other coalition partners. To prevent the repetition of these appalling crimes, let us strengthen our resilience to the hate ideology that they spread. We have to defeat terrorism not only on the battlefield, but also in cyberspace,” said the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius.
The U.S. President Donald Trump thanked the coalition partners for their joint effort to fight against terrorism. The Secretary of State Mike Pompeo delivered a welcome speech at the event.
The Ministers of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS/DAESH also released a joint statement on the Coalition’s collective effort aimed at ensuring that the ISIS threat was not able to revive itself.
A team of Lithuanian military instructors, which is a part of the Danish contingent deployed to Iraq, participates in the activities of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS.