- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
Foreign Ministry's statement on actions by the Russian Federation in the Kerch Strait
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania strongly condemns actions undertaken by the Russian Federation on 25 November against Ukrainian navy vessels, which resulted in a physical blockade of the Azov Sea and the ramming of Ukrainian boats. In addition, the Russian coast guard vessels opened fire, injured Ukrainian sailors, and illegally seized Ukrainian navy vessels.
We stress that these provocative actions by the Russian Federation violate Ukraine's sovereignty, territorial integrity, fundamental principles of international law, and cannot be qualified otherwise than an act of open military aggression against Ukraine.
Lithuania does not recognize the illegal annexation of Crimea, condemns the illegal construction and maintenance of the Kerch Bridge, the militarisation of the Crimean Peninsula and the Sea of Azov by the Russian Federation, as well as the blockade of Ukrainian ports in the Azov Sea.
Lithuania calls on the Russian Federation to immediately end these aggressive actions against Ukraine, release seized Ukrainian navy vessels and their crews, and to restore the undisturbed navigation of the Sea of Azov.
We call on the international community to strongly condemn these illegal actions by Russia, to use all means in countering them, and to demand that Russia should immediately end them.