- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations with Egyptian officials
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending an international high-level trade policy conference “Global Trade – what is in it for us?” at the National Gallery of Art
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is chairing a meeting of the European Committee under the Government of Lithuania
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 9:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Austrian Ambassador Yvonne Toncic-Sorinj
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Kyrgyz Foreign Minister Chingiz Aidarbekov
Minister L. Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Kazakhstan
On 11 June, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the outgoing Ambassador of Kazakhstan Baurzhan Mukhamejanov and thanked the Ambassador for promoting bilateral relations between Lithuania and Kazakhstan during his term of office.
"Lithuania and Kazakhstan enjoy excellent opportunities for further developing their bilateral cooperation in the areas of economy, transport, education, science and technology, health and other mutually beneficial areas. Undoubtedly, the direct flights between Astana and Vilnius that have been operated since May will also help us to tap into the potential and promote tourism," said L. Linkevičius.
The Lithuanian Foreign Minister emphasized Lithuania's support for deeper cooperation between Kazakhstan and the European Union. In this context, the implementation of the EU-Kazakhstan Enhanced Partnership and Cooperation Agreement, signed on 21 December 2015, is of great importance.
As of 1 January 2017, citizens of the European Union and member countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development can visit Kazakhstan without a visa for up to 30 days. Lithuania and Kazakhstan established their diplomatic relations on 12 June 1992.