- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister called for an appropriate response to cyber-attack
On 28 September, Lithuanian Minister of Foreign Affairs Linas Linkevičius took part in a discussion hosted by the US Department of State on advancing responsible state behaviour in cyberspace. The discussion was moderated by Deputy Secretary of State, John Sullivan.
“Cyber-attacks do not recognise borders and are not bounded by geography. The aim of the attacks is to obtain information, news or military secrets from other states, to destroy the foundations of democratic systems, and interfere into democratic elections. If we are not resolute enough to respond to cyber-attacks, name the perpetrators, and do not bring them to justice, we’ll see more of them, and they’ll be even more brazen,” the Lithuanian Foreign Minister said at the meeting. He also underlined a necessity for states to develop resilience to cyber-attacks.
During the discussion, states were urged to look for new and innovative solutions to address challenges that arise in cyberspace.